As a new institute we are looking to collaborate on cutting edge healthcare research.
In addition to the postdoctoral positions listed below, we are seeking colleagues to assist in supplementary work such as technical illustration, 3D rendering and video making.
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Management Assistant Officer (Full-time)
The jobholder will provide general office administrative support to the Biomedical Institute for Global Health Research & Technology (BIGHEART)
General Office Administration
- Assist in day-to-day office operation and administration matters
- Perform front desk duties when required
- Organise and schedule meeting appointments
- Distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in organising meetings, seminars, booking venues, preparing refreshments, reserving hotel accommodation and making transportation arrangement
- Provide administrative support in preparing pre-award paperwork for grant submissions; and post-award monitoring of internal and externally funded grants, contracts and agreements.
- Assist in post-award account maintenance, expenditure reporting and maintenance of grant records in compliance with university policies
A Supporting Role in Finance
- Assist in timely and accurate processing of invoices, billings and reimbursement of claims
- Manage office inventory, fixed assets and procurement
- Source for quotations and liaise with vendors
- Ensure compliance with NUS finance guidelines when performing the above duties
Willing to take on ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Pleasant and mature
- Well organised
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office administrative assistant
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with SAP R/3 and government procurement systems would be an added advantage
Apply via the link below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You will work as an integral part of research projects. You will help to coordinate and facilitate research work, as well as to take on a range of administrative duties, including procurement matters and carrying out specific projects. Other responsibilities will include:
- Assist in providing technical support in areas of laboratory management, laboratory safety and security and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment through regular checks
- Ensure that the lab is adequately stocked with lab supplies, clean glassware, minor equipment, chemicals, etc. required for experiments through timely procurement, liaise with finance dept and vendors for timely delivery
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance and repairs of common shared research equipment and facilities as well as oversee maintenance vendors
- Help maintain wet labs, including cell culture suites: preparation of buffers, ethanol etc; cleaning and changing water in the water bath and incubators etc
- Operate auto-clave and liaise with contractors for waste disposal
- Provide basic safety training to staff, students and users of the lab as needed in a bio-chemical lab
- Assist in laboratory commissioning and decommissioning
- Assist in asset management of equipment under the responsibility of BIGHEART
- Degree preferably in Life Sciences or equivalent
- Have prior working experience in biology / bio-chemistry lab setting
- Able to communicate well and convey information clearly
- A good team player
- Inquisitive and have initiative in exploring new technology
- Ability to speak and write well in English
To apply, please send your CV and names of 3 referees (name, institution, email) to Dr. Narayanan Balasubramanian (Dr. Bala) email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Research Fellows (General)
The Biomedical Institute for Global Health Research and Technology (BIGHEART) at the National University of Singapore seeks passionate and self-motivated candidates for multiple post-doctoral positions working on innovative healthcare technology.
The successful candidate would be expected to be part of a research group within a collaborative interdisciplinary environment. The appointment would start as soon as possible. Candidates are required to have a MD, PhD, or MD/PhD and a strong publication and invention record. Demonstrated excellence in research is desired with experience in working at the frontier of biomedical science and technology. Candidates should be self-motivated with the potential for significant contributions to BIGHEART and wider global healthcare. Candidates are expected to be collaborative with effective communication skills. Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experimental data is required.
To apply, please send your research statement, CV and names of 3 referees (name, institution, email) to Professor Luke LEE (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Donny LIANG (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Postdoctoral Fellows in Health Technology
(Multiple Areas: Biology, Materials Chemistry, Electrical Engineering)
The Laboratory for Multiscale Molecular Diagnostics @ BIGHEART, National University of Singapore (NUS), seeks highly motivated and talented postdoctoral research fellows to join our diverse team. We focus on developing novel micro- and nanoscale technologies to empower circulating biomarker research and its clinical translation. Selected fellows will lead various projects on 1) circulating biomarker discovery and assay development, 2) nanomaterial synthesis and applications, and 3) device design and prototyping. Please visit our lab website for more details (http://bioeng.nus.edu.sg/shaolab/).
Qualifications & requirements:
Biomarker discovery and assay development
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines
- Strong expertise in at least one and preferably multiple areas such as biomarker characterization, sequencing, protein engineering, cloning, cell culture, bioconjugation, electrochemistry, bioanalytical chemistry
- PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines
- Strong expertise in at least one and preferably multiple areas such as organic and inorganic synthesis, nanomaterial characterization, micro- and nanofabrication, surface chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry
- PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or related disciplines
- Strong expertise in at least one and preferably multiple areas such as micro- and nanofabrication, sensor prototyping, circuit design, optical engineering, plasmonics, microfluidics, modeling studies
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and names of 3 references (name, institution, email) to Prof. Huilin SHAO (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Postdoctoral Fellows in Wireless Bioelectronics
The Wireless Bioelectronics Group at the National University of Singapore seeks motivated and talented postdoctoral fellows to join our interdisciplinary team. We focus on developing wireless devices and technologies in order to demonstrate new approaches to bioelectronic diagnostics and therapies. Successful candidates will lead projects on (i) electromagnetic modelling and radio-frequency systems, (ii) sensors and materials engineering, and (iii) device prototyping and testing.
More details can be found on our website (https://www.ece.nus.edu.sg/stfpage/hsyj/index.html). Our group is also affiliated with the Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology (SINAPSE) and the Biomedical Institute for Global Health and Technology (BIGHEART).
Qualifications & requirements:
Electromagnetic engineering and modeling
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or related discipline
- Expertise in electromagnetic theory, computational modeling, and radio-frequency engineering
Sensors and materials engineering
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Expertise in nano/micro fabrication, biomaterials, and sensor design
Device prototyping and testing
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline
- Expertise in embedded systems, circuit design, flexible electronics, and nano/micro fabrication.
To apply, please send your CV and names of 3 referees (name, institution, email) to Dr. John HO (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Research Fellow: Pulse Laser-driven Optofluidic Devices for Innovative Healthcare Applications
The Biomedical Institute for Global Health Research and Technology (BIGHEART) at the National University of Singapore seeks highly self-motivated and hard-working candidates for the position of post-doctoral researchers working on pulse laser-driven optofluidic devices for innovative healthcare applications.
Candidates are required to have a PhD degree in mechanical, electrical, or bio-chemical engineering and a strong publication record. Minimum two year cleanroom experiences for optofluidic device fabrications and strong background in optics and microfluidics are basically required. The appointment would start as soon as possible. Candidates are expected to be collaborative with effective communication skills. Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experimental data is required.
To apply, please send your CV and names of 3 referees (name, institution, email) to Prof. PARK (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Research Fellow: Cyber-Physical Systems
We are looking for highly talented and motivated candidates to work on developing applied machine learning, user-centric and persuasive technologies to encourage healthy behaviours. The project will leverage deep learning and other machine learning techniques to (1) support accurate and convenient logging of lifestyle behaviours (e.g., food logging through mobile photograph recognition) and (2) recommend healthy behaviours and provide context-aware interventions.
Qualifications & requirements:
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a background in human-computer interaction and cyber-physical systems
- Expertise in ubiquitous computing, human-computer interaction, machine learning, novel sensors, and data visualization is highly desirable
- Experience in developing algorithms for activity recognition
- Interest and experience in working with Internet-of-Things, wearable sensors, and mobile apps for healthcare applications
- Competency in developing and implement algorithms, and programming
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently (50%) and team projects (50%)
To apply, please send your research statement, CV and names of 3 referees (name, institution, email) to Dr. Brian LIM (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.